The National Economic and Development Authority resolved to procure consulting services to undertake a feasibility study for an AGT System (as developed by the Department of Science and Technology – Metals Industry Research and Development Centre or DOST-MIRDC) in order to “establish the viability of the AGT system vis-à-vis other modes of transportation and economic aspects” and “ensure that value engineering/value analysis (VE/VA) is undertaken in establishing the AGT System as a viable alternative mode of mass transportation”.
SYSTRA’s services for this 5-month contract covered the following tasks:
- Assess the AGT vehicle prototypes in technical, financial, and economic terms;
- Subject the AGT to a value analysis exercise;
- Determine suitable corridors where the AGT system would be viable;
- Determine selected corridor transport demand forecast by using traffic and public transportation data; and,
- Prepare a feasibility study for the “virtual” system.