The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) ITS Study includes the design, development and introduction of a new, upgraded, Information Technology (IT)-based traffic control system for the MMDA. It is meant to serve as a comprehensive road map for the envisioned renewal and upgrading of the existing Metro Manila Traffic Signal System and related facilities and equipment and associated works into latest cutting-edge technology in ITS, that is multi-disciplinary, multi-functional, and holistic.
The actual services provided by SYSTRA Philippines staff are:
- Design, development, and introduction of a new IT-based traffic management system for Metro Manila;
- Identification of ITS form, features, and services;
- Development of a master plan setting direction and pace of ITS investments;
- Short-term investment plan (incl. project selection, prioritization process, implementation criteria); and
- Development of a strategic plan for the deployment of ITS technology (needs assessment, development of goals and objectives, opportunity assessment, identification of stakeholders, etc.