The project consists of a 1.873-km public transit system between the vicinity of the Line 3 Guadalupe Station and Fort Bonifacio (Uptown Mall area). It generally follows the existing roads within the vicinity i.e., J.P. Rizal Avenue, Lawton Avenue, 8th Avenue, and 38th Street. The technology adopted for this project is an Automated People Mover (APM) with two (2) stations at each end and operating at a maximum speed of 40 to 50 km/h.
SYSTRA Philippines was tasked by its client, INFRACORP, to prepare an unsolicited proposal to be submitted to the government. For this purpose, SYSTRA provided the following services/outputs:
- Plan and profile of the whole project;
- Geodetic and geotechnical surveys;
- Complete design criteria for stations, civil works and all electro-mechanical components, rolling stock, communications, power supply, SCADA etc.;
- Preliminary design of all systems and sub-systems;
- Preliminary construction methodology and implementation schedule;
- Preparation of operations and maintenance outline (w/ associated costs) during concession period;
- Preliminary environmental impact assessment (EIA) and resettlement action plan (RAP);
- Bill of quantities leading to a project cost, using local and international industry standards;
- Assessment of revenues based on the transport demand forecast, willingness to pay, and current fare structures for mass transport in Metro Manila;
- Financial and economic analysis, complete with financial modeling;
- Preparation of promotional materials to include a 1 to 2-minute video clip of the project and;
- Assistance to the Client in attending presentations and meetings with government institutions, stakeholders and other entities.