The National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) resolved to procure consulting services to undertake the Value Analysis for the Cebu BRT Project to develop the best value alternative/configuration for the project to attain the desired objective of providing increased mobility within the influence area. The proposed Cebu BRT, being one of the major projects in the Visayas, is envisioned on a 23-kilometer corridor traversing Cebu City’s Central Business District.
SYSTRA Philippines, together with SPACEM Design and Associates, was involved, from February to June 2014, in the following tasks:
- data gathering (site visits, meetings with stakeholders, review of studies, etc.),
- functional analysis based on objectives,
- generation of alternatives through creative brainstorming,
- weighting of objectives against options, and
- recommending the alternative that best responds to required functions at the lowest cost.