The National Economic and Development Authority resolved to procure consulting services to undertake the Value Analysis for the Rail Gauge and Train Type with the objective to define the long-term strategy in the selection of the most appropriate rail gauge and train type for the Inter-Urban Philippine Railway System to ensure seamless connectivity in railway lines.
- Preparation of the general and detailed work plan which includes timetable/ schedule for each of the activities
- Review of the pre-feasibility study and/or feasibility study undertaken on related project including, but not limited to validation of estimated project costs and preparation of a cost, life-cycle cost and/or other appropriate models
- Gathering of data, performance of functional analysis based on objectives, generation of alternate solutions through creative brainstorming, weighting of objectives, and coming up with the alternative that efficiently responds to project objectives.
- Preparation of VA reports for each rail gauge and train type in accordance with the standards/formats provided by NEDA Value Analysis Handbook (2009)
- Conduct meetings, initial and final presentations to the Client (NEDA Board Committee on Infrastructure, INFRACOM)