Section 1 Phase 1 of the Northrail project is a 32.12-km, double-track, narrow gauge railway line running in a north-south direction, which shall be constructed within the existing PNR right of way. It starts from Caloocan to Malolos, Bulacan. Northrail has engaged the services of a consultant to serve as the PMST.
The joint venture between SYSTRA, ESCA and SYSTRA Philippines performed the following consultancy services from February 2007 to October 2011:
- Programme/Project Management
- Construction Supervision
- Review of the following Contractor’s documents:
- Preliminary Survey and Investigation
- Management Plans and Schedule
- Traffic Study and Traffic Management Plan
- Technical Specifications
- Engineering Designs
- Assistance in Right-Of-Way Acquisition, Utilities Diversion and coordination with other agencies/groups
- Monitoring the Contractor’s Environmental Management
- Supervision on the implementation of the Traffic Management Plan
- Review and evaluation of Contract Change Orders before approval by the Client
- Assistance in any dispute, claims or controversy
- Other related engineering, technical services/assistance or special studies.