Pasig City, located in the National Capital Region (NCR) of the Philippines, is one of the highly urbanized cities in the country and home to several prominent developments, most notably Ortigas Center, a premier central business district in the region. Its geography is a natural inter-city connection being surrounded by other urbanized cities of the NCR in almost all directions.
The Pasig City Transit Express (PCTEX) is a proposed intra-city urban transit system that is intended to decrease traffic congestion and enhance overall mobility within the densely populated areas of Pasig City.
The Consultant’s scope of work was comprised of the following, among others:
- Review and validate the pre-feasibility study
- Develop a feasibility study to include the following:
- Market and technical analyses;
- Traffic demand analysis;
- Environmental and social analyses;
- Financial and economic analyses;
- Legal/institutional analyses; and,
- Coordination with public and private sector stakeholders.