SYSTRA Philippines provided technical assistance to the LRT 1 South Extension Concessionaire (Light Rail Manila Corporation or LRMC) in the review of the LRT 1 system. This review is meant to serve as the basis of monetary claims the concessionaire was to make versus the Grantors (Government of the Philippines), for non-compliance with Concession Agreement provisions on key performance indicators (KPIs) and the Terms of Reference/Maintenance Plan.
This task was carried out over 20 days, and involved the following sub-tasks:
- Review of historical transportation capacity evolution of LRT Line 1 and comparison with projected transport capacity on Effective Date.
- Review of Grantors’ Compliance with Baseline Existing System Requirements.
- Review of Grantors’ Compliance with Primary Key Performance Indicators, namely: daily system reliability, monthly system reliability, and system punctuality.
- Review of Asset Maintenance so as to assess effectiveness of maintenance, specifically those assets that impact system operation and safety.
- Maintenance Audit, based on Maintenance Plan in place at bid submission date, and on Accomplishment/Maintenance Reports submitted by the Maintenance Provider between Bid Submission Date and Effective Date.
- Preparation of a final assessment on the condition of the LRT Line 1 System.