SYSTRA is awarded Pasig Cable Car Contractadmin-systra
In September 2018, SYSTRA Philippines was awarded a contract by the Pasig City Government to prepare a Feasibility Study for a Cable Car System in Pasig City. This project aims to create an intracity north-south and west-east link and to connect Pasig City with other surrounding major urban transit systems. Among the expected outputs of this study are:
- Identification of the existing site conditions, alignment issues, and its corresponding solutions or alternatives for finalization of the alignment;
- Verification if the cable car system is the most appropriate technology option based on the finalized alignment and transport demand requirements and, if not, suggest the most appropriate alternative system that will ensure transport sustainability;
- Preparation of the conceptual/preliminary design of the project;
- Establishing the required capital investment and formulate an appropriate financing strategy;
- Presenting an initial environmental and social evaluation and recommend procedures related to its environmental and social impact assessment prior to the implementation of the project.
The contract’s scheduled completion is end of February 2019.